My Grandpa lives at The Nazareth House (a catholic rest home in Fresno). It is a beautiful place to live, it has courtyards, dining rooms and even a chapel for everyday mass and rosary. There are lots of very nice people, the two stars of the story are both very nice, Kati and a-lady-who-I-don't- know-her-name. One day my grandpa was watching me while my mom and sister were at an appointment. We went to the dining room for lunch, the-lady-who's-name-escapes-me, asked if I'd like to sit at her table with her (her table was right next to Grandpa's) I look to Grandpa and he said, "Go ahead." So I went and sat with her so Kati comes along, the dining room attendants are saying to her, "Kati your lunch is over here. Come on Kati, over here." So it took Kati about five minutes to figure out what they were saying (she is hard of hearing). So the lady who asked me to sit with her says to herself, "Stupid Idiot." Kati looks over to her and yells, "What did you just call me!!!" "The lady looks over to her and says, "How would you know I said something you're deaf!!!" Kati screams, "WHAT!!!!" And starts pounding her walker and pushing it towards the lady who is now standing up. The lady says to Kati, "Oh, you do that you are gonna get it!" Kati pushes her walker right into the lady's stomach. The lady says, "Oh no you didn't!" And smacks Kati right across the face. So the two "kung-fu masters" started yelling and smacking, Grandpa got up from his chair, reached over to me, grabbed my arm, and pulled me away. It took at least 10 dining room attendants and 5 nuns to pull them apart. Once it got settled down I leaned over to Grandpa and said, "Cat fight." He started laughing, then he stopped, took a bite of his salad and almost choked because he started to laugh again.
So that was the dining room adventure of a lifetime.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Rest Home Death Match
Posted by Rachel at 5:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
lol! lol!
Guess what I found out her name!
Lois
That is a hysterical story!!! Love your comment Rachel, "Cat Fight".... Just like a real one huh?
It was funny to be there too!!!
Post a Comment