CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Saturday's Adventure

Well we had a 5 hr. experience Saturday!!

We had to get a 14 yr old mule up a hill... a steep hill at that!! Our neighbors go to Hawaii every year for Christmas. I usually take of their animals while their gone. They have a 1 mule named Fergie(don't ask me why they named it that), 2 donkeys named Babe and Jenny(Babe is actually Jenny's mom), a very mean Yak named Grace, 2 chickens that I call Karl and Kassie, 1 dog named Lucy, and 2 cats named Spunky and Monte. Well Fergie has arthritis in her hips and legs and has gone down before during the summer and had to have help getting up. She is on this medicine called bute. Well on Friday my mom took me to go feed the animals and Fergie wasn't there, so she said if she wasn't there tomorrow dad would have to go looking for her. So we went on Saturday she wasn't there... soooo my Dad went to find her. He comes up the hill and hops the fence and told me she was down in the canyon. I had to get into the house and call the owners, Dad drove home to call our neighbor who is really good with horses. Our new neighbors were told by Anne and Stan(the owners) that they could come get stuff out the garage to fix up the house they bought, I went out and told them that the mule was down. Travis said he go and see what he could do...he thought it was gonna be easy little did he know the whole neighborhood and some relatives of the neighbors were gonna be helping a mule up a hill, being on Yak patrol, and scouting trails two hours later. Well we got her up the hill and now she's penned up in the barn. I'm really bonding with her becuase...I'm on mucking stall duty!!